For David Thompson and Thompson Technologies, giving back to the community is an integral part of our culture. Each year, we work with charitable organizations in Atlanta and across the US to give back. It’s a passion that David shares with Thompson Technologies’ employees, consultants and clients. Part of my role here at Thompson is to serve as our community outreach coordinator. And in 2013, our commitment was never stronger.
Helping some amazing organizations.
Since its inception, Thompson Technologies has supported charitable organizations in our community- being a partner to many of them for several years. I’ve been a Thompson employee for six years and over that time, we have had a Thompson-supported community event every quarter. While we have a list of organizations we regularly support, we also invite our employees and consultants to submit their ideas for events and organizations to support throughout the year – this is a team endeavor!
One of our goals is to help bring more awareness to these incredible organizations. Here is a sample of some of the groups we partnered with in 2013:
* MUST Ministries Fishes and Loaves Kitchen
* FCS Urban Ministries Serve@Work Program
* American Cancer Society
* Camp Sunshine
* Sombra Road
* Fellowship of Christian Athletes
* March of Dimes
* Orphan Concern
* Presbyterian Homes
* Caring Hands
* Anointed Cloth Ministry
* Hands of Love
We encourage you to evaluate the support you may be able to offer these and other charitable organizations.
Our 2014 community pledge.
* Community involvement – inside and outside the office. The Thompson commitment often includes events that occur during the workday. I know for me personally, I enjoy working side-by-side with my coworkers, giving to those who are less fortunate. We can get bogged down in the workday, and it really helps us bond as a team to work together in the community. But, we also work on community projects outside of 9 to 5. We encourage all of our team members to participate in community service initiatives outside of our Thompson-sponsored events. Thompson Technologies frequently contributes to community organizations supported by our employees in their spare time. It’s all part of the culture of giving David Thompson has fostered. It is something that inspires me to get out and spend more time in the community. For years before I came to Thompson, I had always wanted to get more involved in the community, but I wasn’t sure how to get started. Then I came here, and thanks to David Thompson, I have found an incredible blessing through giving back: inside and outside the office!
* Giving back will be a team effort. While we work with the community organizations I mentioned above, we also pledge our support to as many organizations supported by our client partners as possible. We work side-by-side with our clients on community projects, and we are constantly looking for opportunities to partner and give back or donate.
* Support at every level. Our CEO, employees, consultants – everyone gets involved. And since our IT consultants are working on projects across the country, that means that our efforts reach outside Georgia. Whether through volunteering or donations, the entire Thompson Technologies team will do what we can to give back!
As we bring 2013 to a close, I’d like to wish all of our clients, employees and consultants a happy holiday and a wonderful start to 2014! Thank you to everyone who helped us make a positive impact to all of the communities we serve.